Friday, September 28, 2012

Books of interest 1

It's the end of the month! I can't believe 2012 is already three-quarters of the way done. Here are the five books that I've come across in the past month that I think might be worth reading, along with any comments.

1. The Half-life of Facts, by Samuel Arbesman - I came across this because I was reading his Probability and Game Theory in The Hunger Games article. The book hasn't been published yet and there are no reviews, but the title intrigued me.

2. Jantsen's Gift by Pam Cope - I saw this recommended in the recent edition of Runner's World, and it got good reviews from Amazon as well.

3. The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner - I saw this at the local bookstore, and who doesn't want to learn where to find the happiest place on Earth?

4. The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Phillipp Sendker - I found this at Costco early in the month, and added it to my list only because it said "Burma" on the back cover. A New York lawyer disappears without a trace, leaving his wife and daughter to figure out what happened to him.

5. My Life as Emperor by Su Tong - this one was recommended by the guy who wrote All the Flowers in Shanghai, which I hated. However, I have higher hopes for this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment